mix - AW: [Mix] Apologies and Clarification

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

AW: [Mix] Apologies and Clarification

  • From: "Michael Reissner" <reissner AT ifp.tuwien.ac.at>
  • Subject: AW: [Mix] Apologies and Clarification
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 08:13:50 +0200

Dear all,

I am very glad that all the comments, advices, quick support and willingness
of the organizers to go on will allow us to meet as planned in South Africa
for another ISIAME symposion/forum. Thanks to all.

Concerning the scientific organization I would like to ask the programme
committee to think about NOT to cancel the poster session. Beside an abstract
for a talk I have submitted 3 other abstracts which I think are interesting
for the ISIAME community. Unfortunately we could not manage that the first
authors of the posters get money for travel, therefore I wanted to present
them as co-author. It makes no sense to give more than 1 talk. I believe that
other participants would also like to present more of their work.

There is another new tendency at smaller conferences: it is that talks will
be presented in parallel as posters. This gives the possibility to discuss
presentations not only during the few minutes after the talk, but in more
detail at the poster. It is not much effort for speakers to prepare the talk
also as a poster.

If there are less than 30 posters which are not presented by talks, they can
be shortly presented by an oral pre-poster presentation – 2 minutes, 2
transparencies – in advance to the poster session. We have such presentations
with much success since many years in our yearly international solid state
symposion.

By the way it may be easier for participants to get travel support, if they
have more than one presentation.

Best regards

Michael

Asoc.Prof.Dr.Michael Reissner