mix - Re: [Mix] ISIAME

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

Re: [Mix] ISIAME

  • From: "Frans Waanders" <Frans.Waanders AT nwu.ac.za>
  • To: Deena.Naidoo AT wits.ac.za, "Frans Waanders" <Frans.Waanders AT nwu.ac.za>, Gerrard.Peter AT wits.ac.za, Guido.Langouche AT kuleuven.be, Hilary.Masenda AT wits.ac.za, Lodya.Lodya AT sasol.com, Stanislaw.Dubiel AT fis.agh.edu.pl, aderbal47 AT gmail.com, amulaba AT uj.ac.za, berryfjz AT bham.ac.uk, gdzhbj AT mail.iggcas.ac.cn, haflidi AT hi.is, haraldur.p.gunnlaugsson AT cern.ch, jakub.navarik AT upol.cz, jean-marc.greneche AT univ-lemans.fr, jgfrie AT if.pw.edu.pl, jumas AT univ-montp2.fr, kbr AT tlabs.ac.za, kohout AT mbox.troja.mff.cuni.cz, ksenofon AT uni-mainz.de, kubuki AT tmu.ac.jp, kuzmann AT caesar.elte.hu, libor.machala AT upol.cz, lippens AT univ-montp2.fr, lttt AT physics.by, magnet AT uestc.edu.cn, massimo.carbucicchio AT unipr.it, mix AT lists.kfki.hu, nagy.denes AT wigner.mta.hu, raquel AT ap22ude.co.za, reissner AT ifp.tuwien.ac.at, robi AT ifd.uni.wroc.pl, stevensjohng AT gmail.com, sunhui AT dicp.ac.cn, taozhang AT dicp.ac.cn, vpopov AT imp.uran.ru, wangjh AT dicp.ac.cn
  • Subject: Re: [Mix] ISIAME
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 12:34:41 +0200

Dear all
I trust all systems go and that those that are on their way to South Africa are ready for the ISIAME 2016.
Some general comments

The programme that has been sent out some time ago, stays more or less the same - one or two people can't come anymore thus there will be ample time for the talks and posters session.  Every registered person will get a hard copy of the abstract/programme book that will be handed out at registration

Also remember that all full papers will have to be uploaded onto the web page as instructed under the ISIAME web heading: Proceedings

The welcome function on Sunday afternoon is at the iThemba labs and a bus will collect the delegates at the Townhouse hotel. Raquel Richardson and myself will be available to assist

Weather forecasts for Monday to Thursday show rain and we hope the Tuesday trip will however be nice. The weather is very unpredictable in the Cape and one can get 4 seasons in one day. I rain coat is often better than an umbrella as the wind can blow in gusts

Various questions were asked about transfers to the hotels and I am adding the info that is on the ISIAME web again to ensure everyone can get to the venue easily

Our Tuesday tour: A rough summary is added and we trust it will work out fine. Raquel and mmyself thought of a relative "cheap" lunch in Simonstown which will fit into our budget, but this is open and we will decide when everyone is there

The Peninsula

Clifton & Camps Bay

Twelve Apostles Mountain Range

Llandudno

Hout Bay

Chapman’s Peak Drive

Noordhoek

Ostrich viewing

Cape Point

Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve

Penguin colony (optional)

Simons Town

Kalk Bay

Muizenberg

False Bay

The Wine Route

Stellenbosch orientation

Wine tasting

Cellar Tour

Opportunity to purchase wine

Cheese-tasting

Excludes:

Lunch (will be decided on)

Drinks (except 2 bottles of water per person)

Entrance fee: Table Mountain and Penguin Colony.

I trust it will be a fantastic symposium
Frans

TRANSFER OPTIONS
Hotel Transfers

Your hotel concierge can assist with booking transfers and will charge the transfer to your room account. When doing the booking, you will need to submit the following information: Name, Surname, Flight Date, Flight Number, Flight Time and Hotel Confirmation Number.

Pre-Book Online
You can securely book transfers online / via email with the following suppliers:

African Eagle - https://daytours.co.za/tours/airport-transfers
Select your transfer option, add to basket, complete your information and pay securely online.

Avis Point2Point - http://www.avispoint2point.co.za
Province is Western Cape for online bookings. Insert your travel dates, hotel information and pay securely online.

The Green Cab - bookings AT thegreencab.co.za
When doing the booking, you will need to submit the following information: Name, Surname, Flight Date, Flight Number, Flight Time and Hotel Name.

Get a Taxi on Arrival at Cape Town International Airport
As you exit the arrivals hall, there are several transfer / taxi companies that can assist with transfers.
· Always ensure you discuss and set the rate before your departure.
· Ensure you are using a reputable company with a stand / demarcated area and not an individual posing as a taxi driver.
· Foreign exchange facilities are available at the Airport or you can pre-pay at the taxi / transfer counter with your credit card.

MyCiti bus: These busses leave the airport about every half hour - when outside the terminal building you will see them right in front of the building. The closest stop to the venue is in Adderleystreet and the trip takes about half an hour. Unfortunately it is a few blocks from the venue but change-overs are possible and taxis are also available at the Adderley. The webpage is: myciti.org.za where all relevant info will be found

Prof Frans Waanders Pr Ing. Pr Sci. Nat.
Professor en Direkteur
Skool vir Chemiese en Mineraalingenieurswese
NWU
Tel: (018) 299 1994
Faks: (018) 299 1535
www.nwu.ac.za

Vrywaring:
http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html

Prof Frans Waanders Pr Eng. Pr Sci. Nat
Professor and Director
School of Chemical and Minerals Engineering
NWU
Tel: (018) 299 1994
Fax: (018) 299 1535
www.nwu.ac.za