mix - Re: [Mix] Sue Forder

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

Re: [Mix] Sue Forder

  • From: "Kazimierz Łątka" <uflatka AT cyf-kr.edu.pl>
  • To: f.j.berry.1 AT bham.ac.uk
  • Cc: "MIX" <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: Re: [Mix] Sue Forder
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:20:55 +0200

Dear Professor Berry,

on behalf of the Polish Moessbauer Community I would like to
express our words of compassion to all of you and to the Sue's family.
We have had a great pleasure to receive Sue as invited speaker on our
Zakopane Winter Schools of Hyperfine Interactions and we will never
forget her.

Sincerely yours,
Kazimierz Latka

> M I X - B U L L E T I N
> News and views within the Mossbauer Community
> Authors bear full responsibility for their contributions
> Colleagues
> It is with much sadness that I must tell you that Sue Forder died on
Sunday 17 July. Sue underwent major surgery last year and subsequent
treatment enabled her to recover and return to her research work and
enjoy
> life with her family. Unfortunately her health deteriorated rapidly last
week and she passed away on Sunday evening.
> Sue's professional life was centred in Sheffield Hallam University. She
was an excellent teacher whose professionalism and dedication was
appreciated by the student body. Her research work in recent years has
been focused on industrial applications of Mossbauer spectroscopy and
she
> introduced the power of the technique to several industrial
organisations
> within the UK. Sue was a thoughtful and careful experimentalist and was
highly regarded by students and colleagues who worked with her.
> Sue has been the UK's representative on IBAME for several years and she
was particularly supportive of the development of ISIAME. She
coordinated
> the UK Mossbauer community over many years with efficiency and
> effectiveness.
> Sue had marvellous personal qualities. She was honest, full of
integrity,
> and had a great sense of humanity. Her presence within the UK community
will be greatly missed and I have today conveyed condolences to her
family
(http://www.medc.dicp.ac.cn/)