mix - AW: [Mix] Sue Forder

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

AW: [Mix] Sue Forder

  • From: Gütlich, Philipp <guetlich AT uni-mainz.de>
  • To: "f.j.berry.1 AT bham.ac.uk" <f.j.berry.1 AT bham.ac.uk>, MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: "mix-request AT lists.kfki.hu" <mix-request AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: AW: [Mix] Sue Forder
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 05:05:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Dear Frank,

Angelika and I returned home yesterday from a two-week-stay in the Austrian
mountains, in a place with very poor internet connection. That's why I have
read your very sad message about Sue's passing only a few hours ago.
What can I say? I am deeply shocked! I had no information whatsoever about
Sue's severe illness, giving rise to a particularly disconcerted and
emotional feeling at this very moment.
I first met Sue way back at an early stage of the yearly British Moessbauer
Spectroscopy Discussion Group Meetings. From the very first moment we both
felt that there is "fine-tuned" resonance between us, which has augmented and
intensified over the years through her regular attending our Seeheim
Workshops.
I should like to kindly ask you, Frank, to convey my personal condolence to
Sue's family. As an Honorary Member of IBAME I also should like to add the
condolences of my German colleagues. Sue shall have an unforgettable fixed
place in our memories.

Philipp

Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Philipp Gütlich
Institut für Anorganische und Analytische Chemie
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität
Duesbergweg 10-14
55099 MAINZ/Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 6131 39 22373 (office)