mix - [Mix] ISIAME2016/Stanislaw

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] ISIAME2016/Stanislaw

  • From: "Stanislaw Dubiel" <Stanislaw.Dubiel AT fis.agh.edu.pl>
  • Cc: <raquel AT ap22ude.co.za>
  • Subject: [Mix] ISIAME2016/Stanislaw
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:27:45 +0200

Hello everyone,

I do not know how Frans counts the paid-up attendees. In my case, I
wanted to pay the fee several days ago (the deadline for the reduced fee
is 1-st July) but no response received from Frans on the question on the
bank account to which the money should be transferred.
I can imagine that this was not an exception. Furthermore, many people
have funds just for one foreign conference, so they have to make their
decision on the choice of the conference well in advance. Unfortunately,
the organisation of the ISIAME 2016 was very bad i.e. Despite Frans had
4 years to prepare the conference it was not sure until recently whether
or not the conference will take place at all. So I do not wonder that
the interest in the ISIAME 2016 was so low. Therefore, Frans is the only
one who takes the responsibility for the failure. Now, instead of trying
to co-operate with some people who want to solve the problem e. g.
Krish, he buries his head into sand!
It seems that he is unable to organise the ISIAME, so I suggest that we
ask people from the Czech Republic (Olomouc University) to organise this
conference next year (The wanted to organizes this conference this year,
but the decision of the ISIAME Committee made in Dalian - 2012 - was
(unfortunately) in favour of Frans).

Greetings Stanislaw Dubiel

Stanislaw M. Dubiel, MSc, PhD, DSc, FInstPhys
Professor of Physics
Faculty of Physics & Applied Computer Science
AGH University of Science & Technology
al. A. Mickiewicza 30, 30-059 Krakow
Poland
tel: +48 12 617 2973
fax: + 48 12 634 0010
e-mail:
Stanislaw.Dubiel AT orion.fis.agh.edu.pl
>>> "Frans Waanders" 23.06.16 20:23 >>>
Thanks for your effort Krish
The venue is not the problem. Raquel even asked the price for 40 people
and we had only 11 paid-up attendees at the time I had to decide.
We have far to little abstracts and with less than 30 abstracts I still
do not see the use of carrying on- I extended the deadline for abstracts
with 1 month with hardly any additional ones submitted. Please do not
blame me for this as I sent out various notes without response
Krish I think nobody will want to travel every day to Ithemba labs
making attendance even smaller.
I am currently in Namibia at a mine with limited contact until 1 July
I only had limited support from all and rather now people angry with me
than a hopeless undersupported symposium
Frans

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.