fizinfo - [Fizinfo] RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

  • From: Balog Janos <balog.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>, <rmkiusers AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:46:46 +0200

RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

Tisztelettel meghívjuk

Mark Jackson
(University of Paris)

"Effective Field Theory in Inflation"

címmel tartandó szemináriumára.

Helye: Wigner FK RMI III.ép. Tanácsterem
Ideje: 2012. április 13. péntek du. 14:00 óra

Kivonat:

Although the observed CMB is at very low energy, it encodes
ultra high-energy physics in spatial variations of the photon
temperature and polarization fluctuations. This effect is believed to
be dominated by the initial quantum state of the Universe. I will
describe the first theoretical tools by which to construct such a
state from fundamental physics. One can then use this technique to
reliably calculate corrections to the power spectrum, non-Gaussianity,
etc from high-energy physics. We may soon be able to compare these
predictions against experiment, allowing one to rule out classes of
quantum gravity models. Now is the critical time to undertake such
investigations, with a number of ongoing and planned experiments such
as Planck and CMBPol/Inflation Probe poised to collect a wealth of
precision data.

Szívesen látunk minden érdeklődőt.
Balog János