fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT namafia.atomki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:27:34 +0100 (CET)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézetének nagy előadójában
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2011. febuár 8-án, KEDDEN 11:00-kor

Alexis Diaz-Torres
(University of Surrey, UK)

Reaction dynamics of weakly-bound nuclei
at near-barrier energies

címmel előadást tart.

Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea.
Vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Abstract:
Low energy fusion reactions of nuclei far from stability are crucial for
forming heavy elements in the cosmos, which are being intensively
investigated in different radioactive isotope facilities worldwide. The
most exotic of these are often very weakly bound, and can easily breakup
in their reactions with other nuclei. This results in a rich scenario of
reaction processes, whose unified theoretical description is an
outstanding problem. In my talk I will introduce a classical dynamical
reaction model [1,2] which allows one an unambiguous solution of this
problem along with asymptotic observables of the breakup process. This
unique capability provides a powerful tool for interpreting future fusion
experiments with radioactive nuclei and in applications to gamma ray
spectroscopy.

[1] A. Diaz-Torres et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 98 (2007) 152701.
[2] A. Diaz-Torres, J. Phys. G 37 (2010) 075109.