mix - [Mix] Eckhard Bill

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Eckhard Bill

  • From: Volker Schünemann <schuene AT physik.uni-kl.de>
  • To: mix AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Mix] Eckhard Bill
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 21:02:53 +0200

Dear Members of the Mössbauer Community,

It is with great sadness that we have learned that Dr. Eckhard Bill passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on October 6, 2022 at the age of 68.

The Mössbauer community not only loses an outstanding scientist in the field of Mössbauer spectroscopy on chemical and biological systems, whose work was recognized with the IBAME Award in 2013.

We lose a colleague and friend who impressed with his enthusiasm and kindness. Eckhard was a researcher who always pulled all the strings, both in experiments and in theoretical interpretation.

We will miss him so much.

Our deepest sympathy goes to all his relatives, especially his wife Ute and his daughter Eva.

In silent mourning

Svetoslav Stankov, Franz Renz and Volker Schünemann

--

  • [Mix] Eckhard Bill, Volker Schünemann, 10/12/2022