mix - [Mix] Eckhard Bill

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Eckhard Bill

  • From: "Neese, Frank" <neese AT kofo.mpg.de>
  • To: "mix AT lists.kfki.hu" <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] Eckhard Bill
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:12:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Dear friends in the Mössbauer community,

It is with overwhelming sadness that I have to announce the passing of our
dear friend and colleague Eckhard Bill who passed away suddenly and
unexpectedly last week.

Eckhard was a wonderful friend, colleague, an outstanding scientist and an
equally great mentor and teacher. He leaves a gap that cannot be filled.

He will live on in our hearts and our memories.

The official notice is found here (there is a German and an English version):
https://www.cec.mpg.de/en/detail-view/der-muelheim-chemistry-campus-trauert-um-dr-eckhard-bill

<https://www.cec.mpg.de/en/detail-view/der-muelheim-chemistry-campus-trauert-um-dr-eckhard-bill>

There will be a memorial service on the 22nd of October, 2pm at the Max
Planck Institut für Kohlenfoschung.

Sad wishes,
Frank Neese

PS: I would appreciate if those you plan to attend the memorial service would
give us a brief feedback.

Prof. Dr. Frank Neese
Department of Molecular Theory and Spectroscopy
Max-Planck Institut für Kohlenforschung
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Platz 1
D-45470 Mülheim an der Ruhr
Germany
E-Mail: Frank.Neese AT kofo.mpg.de

  • [Mix] Eckhard Bill, Volker Schünemann, 10/12/2022
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [Mix] Eckhard Bill, Neese, Frank, 10/13/2022