fizinfo - [Fizinfo] reminder: Wigner SzFI Strongly Correlated Systems seminar, 29 May - Catalin Halati (Bonn)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] reminder: Wigner SzFI Strongly Correlated Systems seminar, 29 May - Catalin Halati (Bonn)

  • From: Szilard SZALAY <szalay AT phy.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] reminder: Wigner SzFI Strongly Correlated Systems seminar, 29 May - Catalin Halati (Bonn)
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 14:11:20 +0200

Seminar of the
Wigner SzFI Strongly Correlated Systems "Lendület" Research Group

Cavity-induced artificial gauge field in a Bose-Hubbard ladder

Catalin-Mihai Halati
Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik, Universität Bonn
(host: Örs Legeza)

Tuesday, 29 May 2018 14:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room

We consider theoretically ultracold interacting bosonic atoms confined to quasi-one-dimensional ladder structures formed by optical lattices and coupled to the field of an optical cavity. The atoms can collect a spatial phase imprint during a cavity-assisted tunneling along a rung via Raman transitions employing a cavity mode and a transverse running wave pump beam. By adiabatic elimination of the cavity field we obtain an effective Hamiltonian for the bosonic atoms, with a self-consistency condition. Using the numerical density matrix renormalization group method, we obtain a rich steady state diagram of self-organized steady states. Transitions between superfluid to Mott-insulating states occur, on top of which we can have Meissner, vortex liquid, and vortex lattice phases. Also a state that explicitly breaks the symmetry between the two legs of the ladder, namely the biased-ladder phase is dynamically stabilized.

C.-M. Halati, A. Sheikhan, and C. Kollath, Phys. Rev. A 96, 063621.

Everyone is welcome to attend.

-- Szilárd Szalay. --

  • [Fizinfo] reminder: Wigner SzFI Strongly Correlated Systems seminar, 29 May - Catalin Halati (Bonn), Szilard SZALAY, 05/28/2018