fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Reminder: Wigner colloquium on Dec. 12.

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Reminder: Wigner colloquium on Dec. 12.

  • From: Biro Tamas <biro.tamas AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Reminder: Wigner colloquium on Dec. 12.
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 13:43:18 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

this message is just to remind you of the forthcoming Wigner Colloquium:

From Quarks to Neutron Stars

by Prof. Tetsuo Hatsuda (RIKEN Japan)

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 from 14:00 to 15:00 (Europe/Budapest)
at KFKI camous Bldg 1 ( Meeting Room )
Budapest, Konkoly Thege Miklos ut 29-33

Abstract:

NEUTRON STARS ARE THE DENSEST OBJECTS IN THE UNIVERSE. A NEUTRON STAR WEIGHS ABOUT THE SAME AS OUR SUN, WHILE ITS RADIUS IS ONLY ABOUT 10KM. ‌The neutron star surface is a solid, while its interior is a liquid mostly made of neutrons. The composition of the deep interior is still unknown but it could be made of quarks. After introducing the standard model of elementary particles and the theory of strong interaction between quarks, I will discuss the current understanding of the structure of neutron stars in terms of quarks and other elementary particles. I will also discuss how observations of neutron stars can provide information about their internal structure.

You are welcome to join to this event,

Sincerely

Tamás Biró.

  • [Fizinfo] Reminder: Wigner colloquium on Dec. 12., Biro Tamas, 12/11/2017