fizinfo - Re: [Fizinfo] Thomas W. Clark előadása a BME-n

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

Re: [Fizinfo] Thomas W. Clark előadása a BME-n

  • From: Miklós Werner <wernermiklos AT gmail.com>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: Re: [Fizinfo] Thomas W. Clark előadása a BME-n
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:50:18 +0100

A BME-MTA Egzotikus Kvantumfázisok csoport következő szemináriumának
helyszíne módosult.

*Thomas W. Clark (MTA Wigner FK)*
"Sculpting Shadows - Structured light and the spatial shaping of fields and
atoms"

*Időpont és helyszín:*
2017. december 11. 14:15
*BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék, intézeti könyvtár* (F épület, 3. lépcsőház,
magasföldszint)

*Kivonat:*
"Twenty-five years ago this year, Allen, Beijersbergen, Spreeuw, and
Woerdman reported that light carries two types of angular momentum: spin
(polarization) and orbital angular momentum. Although it had been known for
some time that light could exert a momentum of \hbar, it was only after the
work of Allen et al. that it was understood that the systematic winding of
wavefronts could lead to an unbounded source of angular momentum: an
inifinite-dimensional phase-space that came with a twist. Such a discovery
has had a vast influence across the field of optics, extending through
mechanical manipulation, imaging, communications and the quantum realm. In
this seminar, I selectively review the creation and manipulation of
spatially-structured light, before detailing how this can be applied to
interaction with atomic systems. Throughout, I will focus on work
undertaken at Glasgow, concluding with recent results on how phase-shaped
light can be used to sculpt the refractive index and populations of an
atomic cloud."

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

A szemináriumsorozat további programja:
http://physics.bme.hu/seminar_eqp?language=en