fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Lecture of D. Horváth on search for new physics: 9 Oct, 11:00, Wigner FK RMI

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Lecture of D. Horváth on search for new physics: 9 Oct, 11:00, Wigner FK RMI

  • From: Dezso HORVATH <horvath.dezso AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo <Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>, Magyar CMS-csoport <cms AT lists.kfki.hu>, Wigner FK RMI NFO <rffo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Lecture of D. Horváth on search for new physics: 9 Oct, 11:00, Wigner FK RMI
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 17:46:34 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Colleagues,

We restart the Budapest-Debrecen-CERN Monday seminars of the Hungarian CMS group on high-energy physics. The first talk will be given by Dezső Horváth (Wigner RCP) on

"Search for new physics with CMS at LHC"

based on his lecture at Baikal 2017: 17th International Baikal Summer School on HEP and Astrophysics, 13-20 Jul 2017, Bolshiye Koty, Russia.

The meeting will take place at the Media Room of Wigner RCP (KFKI, Building 2, 1st floor). As usual, the talk will be posted at the Indico category of our meetings: https://indico.cern.ch/category/8677/ and broadcasted via Vidyo in the CERN videoconferencing room "Budapest-Debrecen_meetings" (ext. 10593817). There will be direct connections to the Media Room of Atomki, Debrecen and also to that of the Department of Atomic Physics of Eötvös University, Budapest. Everybody is welcome to join. The talk will be in Hungarian if nobody needs English.

Abstract:

We start with a brief description of the CMS detector and the collaboration behind it, then overview the main subjects of its studies. The major part will be devoted to search for new physics. First the tests of the Standard Model, then some of its problems and their possible theoretical solutions with special emphasis on supersymmetry. We review the status of various attempts to search for deviations from the Standard Model and then specifically searches for supersymmetric and other exotic phenomena by both ATLAS and CMS. The adventure with the refuted 750 GeV new particle will also be treated. Finally we summarize the prospects for the future.

Cheers: Dezso

  • [Fizinfo] Lecture of D. Horváth on search for new physics: 9 Oct, 11:00, Wigner FK RMI, Dezso HORVATH, 10/03/2017