fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium későbbi kezdéssel

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium későbbi kezdéssel

  • From: szpl <szpl AT metal.elte.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium későbbi kezdéssel
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 10:23:12 +0100

ELTE Fizikai Intézet

ORTVAY KOLLOKVIUM

2017. február 23., csütörtök, 16:00-kor
Az ELTE Pázmány Péter s. 1/A alatti épületében
földszinti 0.81 előadóban

Sijbrand de Jong
(President of CERN Council, Radboud University Nijmegen)

"Radio detection: a new observation technique to investigate the Ultra-High-Energy Cosmic Ray mysteries"

Kivonatos ismrtetés:
Ultra-High-Energy Cosmic Rays (UHECRs) have been found with energies as high as 10^20 eV in a single subatomic particle. The 3000 km^2 Pierre Auger Observatory has collected data over the past 15 years that confirmed a predicted cut-off at ultra-high energy. However, it also introduced new mysteries surrounding these UHECRs. At this moment we must admit the we do not know their sources, their
propagate through the universe, or even their particle type is.
The detection of UHECRs using the radio frequency signals they produce in the atmosphere, which was developed over the last decade, is a new and powerful tool to solve the current mysteries surrounding UHECRs.
In this talk I will introduce the open questions on UHECRs and discuss the mechanism, status and prospects for radio detection of UHECRs.

  • [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium későbbi kezdéssel, szpl, 02/18/2017