fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

  • From: szpl <szpl AT metal.elte.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 09:04:03 +0100

ELTE Fizikai Intézet

ORTVAY KOLLOKVIUM

2015. december 10., csütörtök, 15:00-kor
Az ELTE Pázmány Péter s. 1/A alatti épületében
földszinti 0.81 előadóban

Raju Venugopalan (Theory Group, Brookhaven National Laboratory)

"The glue that binds us all:
imaging matter below the Fermi scale with an Electron-Ion Collider"

/2015-ös Zimányi Nehézionfizikai Téli Iskolával közös előadás/

Kivonatos ismertetés:
A future Electron-Ion Collider (EIC) will probe the structure of strongly interacting matter down to distance scales as small as 10-18 meters (thousandth of a Fermi), with luminosities a hundred to a thousand times brighter than a previous such collider. High resolution images of the momentum,
spatial, spin and orbital distributions of gluons and sea quarks in light and heavy nuclei will become available, many of these as first measurements. We outline how these images will help resolve outstanding puzzles in our understanding of the many-body dynamics of quarks and gluons that fundamentally
make up the structure of nearly all visible matter in the universe.