fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 13:41:42 +0100

M E G H Í V Ó - I N V I T A T I O N

Seminar series of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the

Sárosi Gábor
(Department of Theoretical Physics,
Budapest University of Technology and Economics)

Warped Weyl fermion partition functions

Warped conformal field theories (WCFTs) are a novel class of
non-relativistic theories. A simple, yet non-trivial, example of such
theory is a massive Weyl fermion in (1+1)-dimensions, which we study in
detail. We derive general properties of the spectrum and modular properties
of partition functions of WCFTs. The periodic (Ramond) sector of this
fermionic system is non-trivial, and we build two novel partition functions
for this sector which have no counterpart in a two dimensional CFT. The
thermodynamical properties of WCFTs are revisited in the canonical and
micro-canonical ensemble.

Idöpont: 2015. december 4., 10:15
Helyszín: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék,
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsöház, szemináriumi szoba