fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 09:42:15 +0200 (CEST)

MEGHÍVÓ AZ ELI-ALPS SZEMINÁRIUMÁRA

Előadó: Czirják Attila
Időpont: 2015. május 22. 9 óra
Helyszín: Szeged, Tisza Lajos krt. 85-87.

Cím: Optical tunneling and quantum entanglement

Absztrakt:
Optical tunneling has a fundamental role in attosecond physics: a sufficiently
strong low frequency laser pulse enables an electron to tunnel out from its
atomic bound state into the continuum, which is the first step of the very
successful three-step model underlying our understanding of HHG. Recent
progress in experimental techniques opened the possibility of measuring
quantum processes with attosecond time resolution. This new quantum metrology
demands more theoretical knowledge about fundamental features of tunneling,
e.g. tunneling time and exit momentum.
The above fundamental process also creates an entangled pair of quantum
particles, which opens the possibility to control the pair entanglement by the
features of the generating laser pulse.
We address the above problems by simulating a hydrogen atom interacting with a
linearly polarized few-cycle laser pulse in 3 spatial dimensions, and we
compare our new results with earlier works based on different 1D atomic model
potentials, using quantum phase space methods.

A szeminárium angol nyelvű. Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk.