fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 10:49:34 +0200 (CEST)

Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: Groma Géza (MTA SzBK Biofizika Intézet)
Cím: Ultrafast spectroscopy on bacteriorhodopsin and coenzymes

Időpont: 2015. május 15. 9:00
Helyszín: Szeged, Tisza lajos krt. 85-87.

Absztrakt:

Bacteriorhodopsin – the single protein in the purple membrane of Halobacterium
salinarum – utilizes light energy for building proton gradient across the
membrane. The electrochemical potential created by this way is then used by
ATPases for the synthesis of ATP molecule. The first part of my talk will
focus on the characterization of the early processes of the energy
transduction by femtosecond spectroscopy. We found that the purple membranes
can be macroscopically oriented, leading to a non-centrosymmetric sample of
high second-order susceptibility. The corresponding resonant optical
rectification process is observable in the form of coherent emission in the
mid-infrared and THz region. Monitoring these radiations makes possible to
follow the time evolution of the light-induced intramolecular electron
translocation in the retinal chromophore, as well as that of the accompanying
coherent nuclear vibrations and the subsequent early proton transport
processes.

In the second part of my talk I will outline the capabilities of our
laboratory for measuring and analysing time-resolved fluorescence kinetics in
the 100 fs – 10 ns time range, and show our results in the characterization of
the different conformational states of coenzymes FAD and NADH.

A szeminárium angol nyelvű.
Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!