fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Takacs Gabor eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Takacs Gabor eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon

  • From: Andras Palyi <andraspalyi AT caesar.elte.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu, nanofizika-szeminarium AT googlegroups.com
  • Cc: Gabor Takacs <takacsg AT eik.bme.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Takacs Gabor eloadasa az ELTE-n jovo hetfon
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:21:07 +0100

Az ELTE Nanofizika Szeminarium jovo hetfoi eloadasa:

Takacs Gabor (BME):
Correlations after quantum quenches in the XXZ spin chain:
Failure of the Generalized Gibbs Ensemble

Idopont: 2014. december 15., hetfo, 10:15
Helyszin: ELTE Eszaki Tomb, 5.128-as terem (1117 Budapest, Pazmany Peter
setany 1/A)

Kivonat:
"We study the nonequilibrium time evolution of the spin-1/2 anisotropic
Heisenberg (XXZ) spin chain, with a choice of dimer product and Neel states
as initial states. We investigate numerically various short-ranged spin
correlators in the long-time limit and find that they deviate significantly
from predictions based on the generalized Gibbs ensemble (GGE) hypotheses. By
computing the asymptotic spin correlators within the recently proposed
quench-action formalism [Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 257203 (2013)], however, we
find excellent agreement with the numerical data. We, therefore, conclude
that the GGE cannot give a complete description even of local observables,
while the quench-action formalism correctly captures the steady state in this
case.”

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

Udvozlettel,
Palyi Andras