fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Máté Zoltán <mate AT atomki.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 15:21:03 +0200 (CEST)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézet előadótermében
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2014. június 5-én, csütörtökön 11:00-kor

Robertus ERDELYI
(Solar Physics and Space Plasma Research Centre (SP2RC)
University of Sheffield, UK)

Are we close to solve one of astrophysics greatest problems:
Coronal heating?

címmel előadást tart.

Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea, vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Kivonat:
Recent satellite (SOHO, TRACE, STEREO, Hinode, SDO) and ground-based
(DST/ROSA, IBIS, CoMP, STT/CRISP) observations have provided plenty of clear
evidence of waves and oscillations present in the solar atmosphere. The
detection and analysis of these waves allows us to perform unprecedented
sub-resolution solar magneto-seismology (SMS) of the solar plasma. First I
will outline the latest developments in solar magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) wave
theory focussing on linear waves and the SMS tool.
Next, I will concentrate on the role of the various MHD waves, and will
discuss the latest status on detecting them. Within the framework of MHD I
will discuss their photospheric origin and generation mechanism. I embark on
showing how MHD waves sail throughout the chromosphere, transition region or
even into the corona.
Finally, I will argue how the new observational data on MHD waves can be used
towards solving the solar heating enigma.