fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:00:41 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézet
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

2012. augusztus 23.
CSÜTÖRTÖK 14 óra

Helyszín: É 0.83

Denis J. Evans,
Stephen R. Williams and Debra J. Searles

Australian National University, Research School of Chemistry

"Dissipation and the Foundations of Statistical Thermodynamics"

Over the last 15 years we have discovered a group of related theorems
that enable us to prove the "laws" of thermodynamics. Each of these
"laws" is provable for time reversible, deterministic equations of
motion that satisfy a mathematical condition called T-mixing. The
axiom of causality is also required. These proofs involve a new
mathematical quantity first defined in 2000, namely dissipation.
Dissipation, not entropy, turns out to be the central quantity for the
fluctuation theorems, the dissipation theorems, linear and nonlinear
response theory, and the relaxation theorem. The relaxation Theorem
gives for the first time, a proof of relaxation the the
Boltzmann-Gibbs distribution for systems in thermal equilibrium. Using
dissipation we can also derive Clausius' Inequality and Equality,
without assuming the Second "Law" of thermodynamics.

honlap: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz