fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:12:00 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

Unusual day and place!
July 26, Tuesday, 11 am.
Room: É 1.125

M. Howard Lee

Physics Department, University of Georgia

"The 3-cycle problem in the logistic map and Sharkovskii theorem"

Perhaps the most unambiguous definition of chaos in a one
dimensional chaotic map is given by Sharkovskii's theorem. This
theorem states that the existence of a 3-cycle implies the
existence of all other cycles and hence chaos. Given this
theorem, it is thus important to show that 3-cycles exist. In
recent papers (1,2) I have been able to obtain them by solving
the cubic equation. At the fully developed chaos it is also
possible to show that it is ergodic by isomorphism to the
ergometric theory of the ergodic hypothesis that I have
developed (3).

1. M H Lee, J Math Phys 50, 1227 (2009)
2. M H Lee, Acta Phys Pol B 42, 1071 (2011)
3. M H Lee, Phys Rev Lett 87, 250601 (2001)

Room 1.125

1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A (Northern Block)

To avoid such notes in the future, please

mailto:statfiz AT glu.elte.hu
subject=cancel