fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminarium: Angle resolved NMR in more and less unusual magnets

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminarium: Angle resolved NMR in more and less unusual magnets

  • From: Karlo Penc <penc AT szfki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminarium: Angle resolved NMR in more and less unusual magnets
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:40:07 +0200

Andy Smerald, Univeristy of Bristol

Angle resolved NMR in more and less unusual magnets

Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) relaxation (1/T_1) is a very powerful
experimental technique to understand magnetic materials, particularly when
the normal, dipolar magnetic order has melted away, such as often occurs due
to frustration. However, the interpretation of the experiments remains
tricky. We develop the theory of NMR relaxation first in collinear magnets,
such as the Fe-pnictides and the cuprates, and then in various frustrated
systems. In particular we would like to propose an experiment that could
recognise a spin nematic state, which is the quantum analogue of a liquid
crystal.

Időpont: 2011. július 8. (péntek) 10h15m

Hely: Budapest, Budafoki út 8. BME F épület, III. lépcsőház, II. em 13.

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminarium: Angle resolved NMR in more and less unusual magnets, Karlo Penc, 07/06/2011