fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT namafia.atomki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:41:31 +0200 (CEST)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézetének nagy előadójában
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2008. június 26-án, csütörtökön 14:00-kor(!)

Dmitry Kamanin
(JINR, Dubna)

Multi-cluster decays of the actinide nuclei

címmel előadást tart.
Az előadás előtt 13:30-tól tea.
Vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Abstract:
The new ternary decay channel linked with magic constituents from
252Cf (sf) and 235U (nth,f) is considered. It has been named "collinear
cluster tripartition" (CCT) because the decay products fly apart almost
collinearly. The masses of two reaction products were measured by the
TOF-E (time-of-flight vs energy) method which allows one to study the
multi-body decays by means of the "missing mass" criteria.
In order to distinguish the CCT event from the binary fission
one we applied different gating such as selection by the neutron
multiplicity, velocity, linear momentum and their combinations, also
utilizing charge-sensitive variables. Due to such procedure we succeeded
to reveal some different, at least ternary, decay modes manifested
themselves via pronounced structures in the mass-mass distributions
of the detected fragments. The yields of the modes observed were found
in the range of 10-5 - 4*10-3 per binary fission.