fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Csillagda szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Csillagda szeminariuma

  • From: ilka AT konkoly.hu (Kalman Belane)
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Csillagda szeminariuma
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:39:07 +0200 (MEST)

Meghivoó
az MTA KTM Csillagászati Kutatóintézete
rendkívüli szemináriumára

Elõadó: Marton Hidas
University of New South Wales, Australia

Cim: "The University of New South Wales Extrasolar Planet Search"

Abstract:

Our team at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) is searching for
transiting extrasolar planets using the 0.5 m Automated Patrol Telescope
(APT) at Siding Spring Observatory, Australia. We monitor pairs of
fields (2 x 3 degrees each) at intermediate galactic latitudes
(15 deg < |b| < 45 deg) over runs of approximately two months. To date
we have identified about 50 planet candidates, though follow-up studies
have shown these to be eclipsing binary stars. A new CCD camera for the
APT - currently under construction - will provide higher sensitivity,
better image sampling, and up to an 8-fold increase in field of view,
insreasing our search efficiency accordingly.

A szeminárium idõpontja: 2006. október 11, szerda 14 óra

Helye: MTA Konkoly Thege Miklós Csillagászati Kutatóintézete
1121 Budapest, Konkoly Thege Miklós út 13-17

Patkós László s.k.