fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

  • From: Varga Imre <varga AT neumann.phy.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, balint AT math.bme.hu, jofri AT math.bme.hu, szasz AT math.bme.hu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:00:55 +0200 (CEST)

MEGHIVO

a BME Fizikai Intezet, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
szeminariumara:

Vladimir Antropov
Ames Laboratory, Iowa, USA

"Physics of paramagnetic state and exchange interactions in magnets"

Helye: BME Fizikai Intezet,
Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
Budafoki ut 8.
F-epulet, III. lepcsohaz, magasfoldszint
szeminariumi szoba

Ideje: 2005. majus 27. pentek, 10:15.

Abstract: I will review a current status of spin dynamical
simulations within the framework of density functional theory. The
importance of magnetic short range order in itinerant magnets will
be emphasized with many relevant examples. The different ways of
calculating the physical properties of magnets using direct
simulations will be discussed. I will show in more detail the
calculations of the exchange coupling using different band
structure techniques. A comparison of different approaches, their
physical and numerical accuracy will be given for completely
different sets of magnetic systems. A first ab-initio explanation
of the magnetism of Ni above the Curie temperature will be given.

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

Varga Imre