fizinfo - [Fizinfo] PhD positions in USA

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] PhD positions in USA

  • From: Boldizsar Janko <janko AT rainbow.uchicago.edu>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] PhD positions in USA
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:44:29 -0500 (CDT)

UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
Department of Physics

Graduate School Opportunity

The Department of Physics at The University of Notre Dame invites
applications for graduate studies in physics. Research opportunities
leading to PhD are found in a variety of experimental and theoretical
area, such as condensed matter, nuclear, atomic, high energy,
biological and astrophysics (for more information see our Web site at
http://www.science.nd.edu/physics/index.htm).

A limited number of graduate teaching assistantships, carrying a
stipend of $13,500 with a $500 moving allowance in the first year (total
$14,000), are still available for qualified applicants wishing to start
their studies in Fall 2000. Applications will also be considered for
later starting date (January and Fall 2001). The deadline for applying
for the Fall 2000 positions has been extended to May 15, 2000. University
Diploma in Physics and proficiency in English is required of all
applicants. GRE general and subject tests, as well as the TOEFL exams are
strongly recommended, as they greatly facilitate our selection procedure.
Applicants interested in joining our PhD program in Fall 2000 should
request application forms immediately by sending an e-mail with their
full mailing address and phone number to
physics AT nd.edu.
You may also
obtain an original application from your advisor. For initial
processing, the completed forms and supporting material can be sent by
fax to USA+219-631-5952, but no official decision can be made until the
original documents reach the Admissions Committee.

Chair of the Admissions Committee
University of Notre Dame
Department of Physics
225 Nieuwland Science Hall
Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
46556-5670
Department phone: (219) 631-6386
Department fax: (219) 631-5952
Department e-mail:
physics AT nd.edu

April 20, 2000

  • [Fizinfo] PhD positions in USA, Boldizsar Janko, 04/21/2000