mix - Re: [Mix] Passing of Prof. Rolfe Herber

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

Re: [Mix] Passing of Prof. Rolfe Herber

  • From: lyubutin <lyubutin AT crys.ras.ru>
  • To: Ralf Röhlsberger <ralf.roehlsberger AT desy.de>
  • Cc: mix AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: Re: [Mix] Passing of Prof. Rolfe Herber
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 13:41:06 +0300

Ralf Röhlsberger писал 2024-09-25 23:31:

M I X - B U L L E T I N
News and views within the Mossbauer Community
Authors bear full responsibility for their contributions

Dear colleagues,

It is my sad duty to inform you about the passing of Prof. Rolfe H.
Herber on 22 September 2024 at the age of 97.

Prof. Herber has shaped research in Israel using Mössbauer
spectroscopy for several decades, with seminal contributions ranging
from the spectroscopy of organometallic compounds, inorganic solids
and alloys all the way to metal atom kinetics in molecular solids and
their vibrational anisotropy which received worldwide recognition.

He will be deeply missed. Our thoughts are with his family and
friends.

A detailed obituary will be posted on ibame.org in due course.

Ralf Röhlsberger, chair of the IBAME

--
Prof. Dr. Ralf Röhlsberger

Helmholtz Institut Jena and Friedrich-Schiller Universität Jena
Max-Wien-Platz 1
07743 Jena
Tel: +49 3641 947900

and

Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Notkestr. 85
22607 Hamburg
Germany

Tel: +49 40 8998 4503
FAX: +49 40 8998 2787

This is the first slide from my lecture at the MESAME-2017 conference dedicated to the 90-th anniversary of Profs. Rivka Bauminger and Rolf Herber. Jerusalem 2017

Igor Lyubutin

MIX is a free and voluntary service of the
Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Budapest, Hungary

MIX is part of the emerging Mössbauer Effect Knowledge Center,
a project of the
Mössbauer Effect Data Center, Dalian, China
(http://www.medc.dicp.ac.cn/)
supported by the
International Board on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect
(https://ibame.org/)

Editors: Dénes L. Nagy (nagy.denes AT wigner.hu) and Zoltán Németh
(nemeth.z AT wigner.hu)