mix - [Mix] Passing of Prof. Rolfe Herber

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Passing of Prof. Rolfe Herber

  • From: Ralf Röhlsberger <ralf.roehlsberger AT desy.de>
  • To: mix AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Mix] Passing of Prof. Rolfe Herber
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 22:31:30 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp-o-1.desy.de 274E011F741

Dear colleagues,

It is my sad duty to inform you about the passing of Prof. Rolfe H. Herber on 22 September 2024 at the age of 97.

Prof. Herber has shaped research in Israel usingMössbauer spectroscopy for several decades, with seminal contributions ranging from the spectroscopy of organometalliccompounds, inorganic solids and alloysall the way to metal atom kinetics in molecular solidsand their vibrational anisotropywhich received worldwide recognition.

He will be deeply missed. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.

A detailed obituary will be posted on ibame.org in due course.

Ralf Röhlsberger, chair of the IBAME

--
Prof. Dr. Ralf Röhlsberger

Helmholtz Institut Jena and Friedrich-Schiller Universität Jena
Max-Wien-Platz 1
07743 Jena
Tel: +49 3641 947900

and