mix AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: Discussion journal of the Mossbauer Community
- From: "Alp, Esen E." <eea AT anl.gov>
- To: İgor Lubutyn <lyubutin AT ns.crys.ras.ru>
- Cc: "Nagy, Denes Lajos" <nagy.denes AT wigner.mta.hu>, Michael Reissner <reissner AT ifp.tuwien.ac.at>, "Hermann, Raphael P." <hermannrp AT ornl.gov>, David Agresti <agmars38 AT gmail.com>, Brent Fultz <btf AT caltech.edu>, "Sturhahn, Wolfgang" <wolfgang AT nrixs.net>, "Hu, Michael Y." <myhu AT anl.gov>, "Zhao, Jiyong" <jzhao AT anl.gov>, "Bi, Wenli" <wbi AT anl.gov>, "Struzhkin, Viktor V." <struzhkin AT gl.ciw.edu>, "Toellner, Thomas" <toellner AT anl.gov>, "Xiao, Yuming" <poexiao AT anl.gov>, Charles Johnson <cjohnson AT utsi.edu>, Gary John Long <glong AT mst.edu>, "Schilling, James S." <jss AT wuphys.wustl.edu>, "Budko, Sergey P." <sergey.budko AT vanderbilt.edu>, "Dyar, Melinda Darby" <mdyar AT mtholyoke.edu>, Yisong Guo <ysguo AT andrew.cmu.edu>
- Subject: [Mix] Yuri Kagan
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 19:13:09 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: smtp2.kfki.hu (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.d=anl.gov header.b=CrXcwcEz; dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.d=argonnedoe.onmicrosoft.com header.b=Q57N+8MZ
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=eea AT anl.gov;
It’s with great sadness that we received the news about Academician Yuri
Kagan. As you have mentioned in your short obituary, Y. Kagan and A. M.
Afansev papers were seminal works, and they played a pivotal role in
explaining dynamical theory in a highly resonant medium.
His papers, combined with the works of J.P. Hannon and G. T. Trammel, formed
the theoretical basis for a generation of Mössbauer spectroscopists now
working at the synchrotron beam lines around the world. Our work is entirely
built on the shoulders of these giants, and as they depart us, we diminish
along with them.
Please convey our condolences to his family and friends on behalf of
Mössbauer spectroscopists in the USA.
Dr. Esen Ercan Alp
Argonne National Laboratory
Dr. Raphael Hermann
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
USA representatives to IBAME
Lyubutin-in memory of Yu. Kagan.docx
Description: Lyubutin-in memory of Yu. Kagan.docx
- [Mix] Yuri Kagan, Alp, Esen E., 06/05/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.