mix AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: Discussion journal of the Mossbauer Community
[Mix] How to register and to create your entry in the new MEDC Directory
- From: MEDC Directory admin <nagy-medc AT mail.kfki.hu>
- To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Mix] How to register and to create your entry in the new MEDC Directory
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:33:50 +0200 (CEST)
- Authentication-results: smtp0.kfki.hu (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) reason="pass (just generated, assumed good)" header.d=mail.kfki.hu
many of you have already successfully registered and created their entry in the new directory of the Mössbauer Effect Data Center (MEDC). Nevertheless, there seem to be several misunderstandings about how to use the new system. Admittedly, the new directory is not yet really user-friendly and may still have some bugs or, at least, strange features, a reason for apologies. This is why the directory is in test regime. In the following, I shall briefly describe how to register and to create your entry in the new MEDC Directory. Please join the directory; it will really not take more than a few minutes to create your entry.
When you visit the site
you are at the public page of the directory meant for searching for colleagues' data. You may fill in any or some of the fields and then, by clicking on the 'Search' button, all directory entries will be listed for whom the conditions are fulfilled. E.g., by ticking 'Chemistry, structure and bonding' and then clicking on the 'Search' button, those entries will be listed where chemistry was given as one of the fields of interest. Then, by clicking on a highlighted name you will see all details of the entry (e.g., the colleague's phone number, web site, Google Scholar page, etc.). This is all public and can be seen by anyone without registration.
However, to create your own profile, you have to be logged in. Should you not be registered yet, first you have to do so.
1. Please go to the right pane of the page and click on the word 'here' in the text 'If you are not currently registered with our site and would like to be included in the MEDC Directory, please click here to register now.'
2. Fill in your user name, email address and password (make sure to remember them!), accept the MEDC terms and conditions and take note of the disclaimers and click on 'Register'. You should receive an automatic validation mail within a couple of minutes; check your mailbox immediately.
3. Click on the link in the mail. A window will pop up confirming that your user account was enabled successfully. Click on 'OK'. You will be directed to the MEDC Directory page, however, you are still not yet logged in!
4. In the right pane of the page, below 'Log in to MEDC Directory' enter your user name and password and log in. Below 'Welcome (your user name)' click on the word 'here' in the text 'click here to view your profile'.
5. You may specify a nickname (how you like to be addressed, e.g. Eve, John, etc.) and submit it but you may also skip this step and continue with the next one.
6. Navigate to "Change Author Info" in the left pane, and enter your data. You may save your work any time but please make sure to finally submit it for review by clicking on "Save" and "Submit for review" at the bottom of the page, respectively. Your data will be reviewed and published in the directory within a couple of days, as a rule. If you fail to submit your new entry (or, later, its changes) for review, the reviewer will not know whether your entry is in the draft status because you are still working on it or because you have forgotten to submit it for review.
Presently there are about 40 colleagues who have already registered but not created (or started creating) their entry (profile) yet. At the present stage, this is completely useless; the only sense of the registered status is that it is needed for being able to create a personal profile. So please, should you have already registered but not yet created your entry, start doing so.
Should you be already registered but have forgotten your password, please click on the word 'here' in the sentence 'If you have forgotten your password click here' in the right pane and check your mailbox immediately.
Should you have forgotten your user name, as well, or should you experience any other problems, please do not hesitate to send a mail to medc AT dicp.ac.cn and/or nagy-medc AT mail.kfki.hu.
Dénes L. Nagy
as admin of the MEDC Directory
- [Mix] How to register and to create your entry in the new MEDC Directory, MEDC Directory admin, 08/22/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.