mix - [Mix] IBAME congratulation to Philipp Gutlich's 80th birthday

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] IBAME congratulation to Philipp Gutlich's 80th birthday

  • From: "Nagy, Denes Lajos" <nagy.denes AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] IBAME congratulation to Philipp Gutlich's 80th birthday
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 07:10:17 +0200 (CEST)

Prof. Dr. Philipp Gutlich
Johannes Gutenberg University
Mainz
Germany

Dear Professor Gutlich, dear Philipp:

It gives me great pleasure to congratulate you, a Honorary Member of the International Board on the Applications of the Mossbauer Effect, on the occasion of your 80th birthday. On this very special day, let me thank you for all that you have done and will do both for Mossbauer spectroscopy and the world-wide community of Mossbauer spectroscopists.

During the past more than half century, you have greatly influenced Mossbauer spectroscopy; in fact whole branches of our method have been initiated by you. Without aiming at completeness, LIESST, NIESST and, more generally speaking, a variety of spin-crossover phenomena as well as many kinds of after-effect studies witness your efforts and your exceptional creativity. Actually, applications of our method to coordination chemistry can hardly be reviewed without immediately mentioning your name among its pioneers.

Your enviable enthusiasm and engagement that you have shown us at recent conferences shall be an example for the next generations of Mossbauer spectroscopists.

IBAME, the body that you have shaped significantly, shall specially thank you for all the organisational work which you accomplished both within the board and, in its interest, beyond it.

I wish you personally, as well as on behalf of IBAME good health, much success and satisfaction in the future.

Respectfully yours,

Denes L. Nagy
Chair, IBAME

  • [Mix] IBAME congratulation to Philipp Gutlich's 80th birthday, Nagy, Denes Lajos, 08/05/2014