fizinfo - [Fizinfo] About today's seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] About today's seminar

  • From: Ramon Brasser <rbrasser AT konkoly.hu>
  • To: seminar AT konkoly.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] About today's seminar
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 10:27:39 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 mail.csfk.org D17262345EDFA

Dear All,

Today's seminar is an unofficial pilot programme in an effort to recruit young researchers to give seminars and improve their speaking skills.

As such, we the organisers, would appreciate you attending in person and
providing *constructive* feedback.

Best wishes,
Krisztián Vida and Ramon Brasser

vidakris AT konkoly.hu:
Dear colleagues,

There is a seminar talk soon (14:00) at the real & virtual Detre hall:

Csilla Kalup (Konkoly Observatory; Hungary):

Asteroseismic masses of red giant and RR Lyrae stars in K2 globular clusters

Globular clusters offer us unique opportunities to better understand both
stellar and galactic evolution. Since they contain stars with roughly the
same physical properties such as distance, age and chemical composition, they
provide homogeneous samples for cluster-by-cluster comparisons. And since
variable stars within the clusters allow insights into the stellar structure
and properties, the different stages of stellar evolution can be probed by
asteroseismology.
Space observatories, such as the Kepler space telescope, deliver high quality
and uninterrupted measurements suitable for studying stellar pulsation.
During the K2 mission of Kepler, several globular clusters were observed.
However, due to their high stellar density and proximity to the Galactic
bulge, the photometry of these crowded field is challenging and requires
special procedures to investigate.
In my presentation, I will review all the recent results related to K2
globular clusters and present new results on a metal-poor K2 cluster, NGC
5897. During the talk, I will focus on red giant and RR Lyrae seismology, and
how we can derive stellar masses from them using Gaia and Kepler data. I will
also highlight our latest results on the first direct comparison of seismic
masses of RR Lyrae stars to red horizontal branch stars in the same stellar
population.

The seminar will be held live in the Detre hall with audience, but also
streamed online via Zoom. If you are unable to attend the presentation in
person, you can join us via this link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82806911982?pwd=SVZpT0syQ1J6dHBvSkF4N2dXNEQ0dz09
or the meeting ID: 828 0691 1982 and passcode: 206265

Cheers,

K.

--
'Cutting-edge researchers can only exist in a country if behind them there is
a standing army of researchers who are

  • [Fizinfo] About today's seminar, Ramon Brasser, 09/26/2024