fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Masataka Kawano

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Masataka Kawano

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Masataka Kawano
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarMasataka KawanoTechnical University of Munich (host: Rózsa
Levente)Gauge-field picture and thermal Hall effect of magnons in
antiferromagnetic skyrmion crystalsThursday, 23 May 2024, 13:00, KFKI Campus,
Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference RoomQuasiparticle excitations in material
solids often experience a fictitious gauge field, which can be a potential
source of intriguing transport phenomena. In this study, we show that
low-energy excitations in insulating antiferromagnetic skyrmion crystals on
the triangular lattice are effectively described by magnons with an SU(3)
gauge field [1,2]. The three sublattices in the antiferromagnetic skyrmion
crystals introduce the three internal degrees of freedom for the magnons,
which are coupled with their kinetic motion via the SU(3) gauge field
originating from the combined effect of the topologically nontrivial spin
texture and local antiferromagnetic couplings. We also demonstrate that the
non-Abelian nature of the SU(3) gauge field breaks an effective time-reversal
symmetry and contributes to a magnon thermal Hall effect. Our theory may
explain the finite thermal Hall conductivity observed in a spinel compound
MnSc2S4.[1] H. Takeda et al., Nat. Commun. 15, 566 (2024). [2] M. Kawano,
arXiv:2403.11655&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is
welcome to attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Masataka Kawano, Szeminárium koordinátor, 05/18/2024