fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 16 Apr 2024-Thomas Brougham

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 16 Apr 2024-Thomas Brougham

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.hun-ren.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 16 Apr 2024-Thomas Brougham
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:31:48 +0200 (CEST)

M&oacute;dosult az időpont!SZFI Seminar
Thomas Brougham
(CNQO, Department of Physics, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, host:
Kiss Tamás)
Analysis of satellite-based quantum key distribution under practical
constraints
Global quantum communication networks require efficient long-distance
distribution of quantum signals. In the absence of quantum memories, optical
fibre communications are range-limited due to exponential losses. Satellites
offer a promising means of distributing quantum signals over intercontinental
distances. However, the design of satellite quantum key distribution (SatQKD)
systems presents unique challenges over terrestrial networks. For example,
the limited transmission times between satellites and their ground stations
impose severe constraints. We present modelling of the efficient
Bennett-Brassard protocol (BB84), using decoy pulses. The analysis takes
account of many realistic constraints. The modelling is based on our open
source SatQuMA software suite. Our results can be used to both guide the
design and analysis of future missions, and to provide performance
benchmarks. Tuesday, 16 April 2024, 14:00
Wigner FK SZFI, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor auditorium
Language of the talk: English
All interested are welcome!
Attila Nagyszfi-seminar AT wigner.hun-ren.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Tue 16 Apr 2024-Thomas Brougham, Szeminárium koordinátor, 04/11/2024