fizinfo - [Fizinfo] CSFK seminar -- Raphael Hirshi (Keele University; UK) -- Date: Apr 18 (Thursday)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] CSFK seminar -- Raphael Hirshi (Keele University; UK) -- Date: Apr 18 (Thursday)

  • From: vidakris AT konkoly.hu
  • To: seminar AT konkoly.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] CSFK seminar -- Raphael Hirshi (Keele University; UK) -- Date: Apr 18 (Thursday)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:30:00 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 mail.csfk.org 3DDEC2738ABEB

Szemináriumi meghívó / Invitation to a seminar

CSFK CSI SZEMINÁRIUM / KONKOLY OBSERVATORY SEMINAR

Date: Apr 18 (Thursday) 14:00

Raphael Hirshi (Keele University; UK):
Synergies between one-dimensional (1D) and multi-D simulations of massive
stars: 321D approach

Stars play a key role in the Cosmos through the light they
shine, the chemical elements they produce and the kinetic energy they
inject into their surroundings via winds and supernova explosions. For
many decades, our understanding of the structure, evolution and fate
of stars has greatly benefitted from comparing spherically symmetric,
one-dimensional (1D) theoretical models to a variety of observations.
The large increase in the number and quality of observations combined
with the advent of asteroseismology probing the interior of stars,
however, has exposed the limitation of 1D models. The increasing
computing power available has now reached the point where significant
fractions of a star and for an increasing duration can be simulated in
3D using realistic stellar conditions, which represents the dawn of
multi-D stellar evolution and nucleosynthesis modelling of stars. In
this talk, I will first review some of the successes and most critical
limitations of 1D models. I will then introduce the 321D framework,
which combines the strengths of 1D and 3D modelling of stars. Finally,
I will present recent results of 3D simulations on convection and
nucleosynthesis and discuss the impact these are likely to have on the
fate of massive stars.

The seminar will be held live in the Detre hall with audience, but also
streamed online via Zoom. If you are unable to attend the presentation in
person, you can join us via this link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82806911982?pwd=SVZpT0syQ1J6dHBvSkF4N2dXNEQ0dz09
or the meeting ID: 828 0691 1982 and passcode: 206265

Everyone is welcome!

Krisztián Vida, Ramon Brasser
organizers
https://konkoly.hu/k-szeminariumok

  • [Fizinfo] CSFK seminar -- Raphael Hirshi (Keele University; UK) -- Date: Apr 18 (Thursday), vidakris, 04/12/2024