fizinfo - [Fizinfo] SZFI Seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] SZFI Seminar

  • From: Nagy Attila <nagy.attila AT wigner.hu>
  • To: szfkiuser AT szfki.hu, fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] SZFI Seminar
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 14:27:18 +0200

SZFI Seminar
Thursday, 29 June 2023, 13:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room

Prof. Ilya Vekhter
Louisiana State University

Bound states and controllable currents on topological insulator surfaces with extended magnetic defects

We show that a magnetic line defect on the surface of a topological Insulator generically supports two branches of spin-polarized and current carrying one-dimensional bound states. We identify the components of magnetic scattering that lead to the bound states. The velocity, and hence spin texture, of each of those branches can be independently tuned by a magnetic field rotated in the plane of the surface. We compute the local net and spin-resolved density of states to identify experimental signatures of the bound states. The net spin polarization and current due to both bound and scattering states vary stepwise as a function of the magnetic component of the scattering potential, and can be tuned by an applied field. We discuss stability of the bound states with respect to impurity scattering.

Zoom meeting
https://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/86983402179?pwd=ODhPYzBBdlRST3EvelVaZG5oSTJLUT09
Meeting-ID: 869 8340 2179
Kenncode: 592150

  • [Fizinfo] SZFI Seminar, Nagy Attila, 06/27/2023