fizinfo - [Fizinfo] SZTE FI szeminárium meghívó: Török Péter, NTU Singapore; 2023. 04. 12. 15h; Budó Ágoston tanterem & online

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] SZTE FI szeminárium meghívó: Török Péter, NTU Singapore; 2023. 04. 12. 15h; Budó Ágoston tanterem & online

  • From: mcsete AT physx.u-szeged.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] SZTE FI szeminárium meghívó: Török Péter, NTU Singapore; 2023. 04. 12. 15h; Budó Ágoston tanterem & online
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 23:47:28 +0200

Szeminárium meghívó

Elöadó: Professzor Török Péter, NTU, Singapore

Cím: Can Brillouin microspectroscopy measure mechanical properties of cornea?

Idöpont: 2023. 04. 12. 15h
Helyszín: Budó Ágoston tanterem & online
https://join.skype.com/N1IPe5RpMVc9

Abstract: Brillouin microscopy has been hailed as a game changing method in mechanobiology to measure mechanical properties of biologic materials. Researchers made broad claims regarding the scope of its use and interpreted measurement data liberally. In this presentation I will look at the physics of Brillouin microspectroscopy and its use in optical microscopy in the context of its application to corneal stiffness imaging. I will show that the calibration data and therefore the assumptions researchers currently use are erroneous and only be used in very well defined circumstances. I will also explain how Brillouin measurements relate to conventional measures of mechanical stiffness.

Minden érdeklödöt szeretettel várunk.

Dr. Csete Mária
Szeminárium koordinátor