fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Németh Gergely

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Németh Gergely

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Németh Gergely
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarNémeth GergelyWigner RCP SZFIReal-space observation of
ultrastrong coupling between carbon nanotube plasmons and substrate
phononsTuesday, 26 April 2022, 10:00, Bldg 1, auditorium,
https://wigner-hu.zoom.us/j/86517517678?pwd=WWVhSE1KMzhWa20zWWw1Z0ZlL3J4UT09
Meeting ID: 865 1751 7678 Passcode: 650334Strong and ultrastrong coupling
(SC and USC) between light and matter creates a plethora of new possibilities
like induced transparency, polariton lasing, changing of the rate of chemical
reactions, or enhanced sensitivity in infrared and Raman spectroscopy.
However, the strong coupling is very challenging to achieve in the
mid-infrared spectral range due to the low oscillator strengths of molecular
vibrations and long wavelengths. The recently visualized Luttinger-liquid
plasmons in carbon nanotubes feature very long plasmonic lifetimes and
extreme field localization making them ideal candidates to realize strong or
even ultrastrong coupling at infrared frequencies. We applied scanning
near-field polariton interferometry to examine the interaction between
propagating Luttinger-liquid plasmons in individual carbon nanotubes and
surface phonon polaritons of silica and hexagonal boron nitride. We extracted
the dispersion relation of the hybrid Luttinger-liquid plasmon–phonon
polaritons (LPPhPs) and explained the observed phenomena by the classical
coupled harmonic oscillator model. The dispersion shows pronounced mode
splitting, and the obtained value for the normalized coupling strength shows
that we reached the ultrastrong coupling regime with both native silica and
hBN phonons. Our findings predict future applications to exploit the
extraordinary properties of carbon nanotube plasmons, ranging from nanoscale
plasmonic circuits to ultrasensitive molecular sensing.&nbsp;Minden
érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to attend.Róbert
Juhászsem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Németh Gergely, Szeminárium koordinátor, 04/21/2022