fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Fwd: Postdoc position in theoretical physics in Ljubljana

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Fwd: Postdoc position in theoretical physics in Ljubljana

  • From: Andras Palyi <palyi.andras AT ttk.bme.hu>
  • To: FIZINFO AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Cc: Rok Zitko <rok.zitko AT ijs.si>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Fwd: Postdoc position in theoretical physics in Ljubljana
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:58:09 +0200
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ttk.bme.hu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ttk.bme.hu; dkim=pass header.d=ttk.bme.hu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=+1pVCdBQCgd/idGUgDT2ax4HRwAYpHcfE+npiRhc16Y=; b=VkiXHhdOPWHjgkzMiGypiwgSyUVGudRaFvIuJz4TBwaidDmA4Jt5C77SriHvdgN4PvEyQy281FVWzHzTdE6naLYsty9NM7o/fOMuQ/c6uhSPtkxKBCL2YOX5AXJA97RK0ox2BI0Y+Uw0QoDUFFk4a6+lzs5yfbNfBTDdFgP62QtlyNVH8fxDxuvgUMUjV9VnsJE79H/oZz4kEyrHAitKQPHmg0A+JlaqZ9nJ3NUk3YQuxjPu7NUqqw98gKysYFdbJaSuc3OBeUFig2MBRNb1J2w8I9VSHjyMqhGEs4cslNPd9VOAcMfLRXK2SNLTd0hsAUm4D0lkgA3A9qjcx4r8tw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=GG1pN3Xvkdz3vY9yB9gsHyyH2PT+qErYFn6MFAJarvhLl9OG2bM7fGx57zHZjF7nETvdw8KvrHW17hFCNZR98s39OcvdLugQumfZoGRF57RpsZjIYpOewkE8YvNBO1V699epfFrZYOTWVlSM2LPv3b8+6URZhYU7B6C7kNEXwNvw1qo6PwFTdH93EWP3qYRln7LAPe2RPbica+oBgIp7uDogE9iAK6b/aBdzxOJZx4Z5l2Q9OS5D4yBjiudBFIPPgEVRxU580dyRqJXWs4VUpluYiyoI59GlGtLY6g9fka9G17q/54OlLo4he44tNVC9MLec0IEmwPamG8dpxQX6eA==

Dear Colleagues,

Please find below an ad for a postdoc position in theoretical physics in
Ljubljana.

Best regards,
Andras Palyi

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: rok.zitko AT ijs.si
> Subject: Postdoc position in theoretical physics in Ljubljana
> Date: 2022. April 20. 16:22:43 CEST
> To: Undisclosed recipients:;
>
> Dear Colleague,
>
> I would appreciate if you could forward this email to anyone who might be
> interested. We have an opening for a post doc in solid-state theory with a
> focus on nano & quantum topics. We are looking for good applicants and we
> are very flexible (as regards starting dates, research problems,
> pencil&paper vs. computational, etc.).
>
> Kind regards,
> Rok
>

> Postdoc position at the Department for theoretical physics (F-1) of Jozef
> Stefan Institute (JSI), Ljubljana, Slovenia
>

> The Department for theoretical physics (F-1) <http://web-f1.ijs.si/> of
> Jozef Stefan Institute (JSI) <http://www.ijs.si/> in Ljubljana
> <https://www.visitljubljana.com/en/visitors/> is inviting applications for
> a postdoc position in theoretical physics, starting at the candidate's
> earliest convenience.
>
> The successful candidate will work in the field of theoretical solid-state
> physics with an emphasis on applications to quantum devices, such as hybrid
> semiconductor-superconductor nanostructures, superconducting circuits,
> cold-atom systems <http://ultracool.ijs.si/>, magnetic adsorbate structures
> on surfaces, and non-homogeneous strongly-correlated materials.
>
> The project will involve close collaboration with experimental groups, with
> the members of the interdisciplinary Research group "Physics of quantum
> technologies" and Slovene quantum technology community
> <http://www.qutes.si/>, as well as with the researchers from the Department
> for theoretical physics <http://web-f1.ijs.si/>. Part of the responsibility
> could also be further development of "NRG Ljubljana"
> <http://nrgljubljana.ijs.si/> framework for numerical renormalization group
> calculations, and applications of computer-algebra systems such as "SNEG"
> <http://nrgljubljana.ijs.si/sneg/> to problems involving many-particle
> interacting systems.
>
> The position is available for one year (with the possibility of multiple
> extensions). We provide a decent travel allowance and access to national
> HPC facilities <https://doc.vega.izum.si/>.
> Applicants should have background in solid-state/quantum physics and prior
> experience with programming; good skills in Mathematica, Python, Julia
> and/or C++ are highly desired. We value passion about fundamental research
> and openness to interdisciplinary collaborations. Fluency in written and
> spoken English is expected.
> Enquires can be sent to Rok Zitko (rok.zitko+opening AT ijs.si
> <mailto:rok.zitko+opening AT ijs.si>). Please include a CV and a brief
> description of why you would like to work with us.
>
> Sincerely, Rok Zitko
> [...]

  • [Fizinfo] Fwd: Postdoc position in theoretical physics in Ljubljana, Andras Palyi, 04/20/2022