fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: Varró Sándor (Wigner Fizikai Kutatóközpont; ELI-ALPS)
Cím: Notes on the stimulated emission of radiation; on the occasion of ‘LASER
60’

Időpont: 2020. december 11., 9 óra

Az előadás kivonata:
The study of the physical bases of stimulated emission and black-body
radiation have been closely related from the very beginning. We feel it
justified to devote some time for their joint analysis, in particular, in the
present year, when we celebrate the 60th anniversary of the invention of the
LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation). Moreover, one
should also keep in mind that in the course of his work on black-body
radiation, the elementary quantum of action h was discovered by Planck just
120 years ago. In the present talk, though we shall highlight some moments in
the development of the laser during the past 60 years, but the emphasis shall
be put on the fundamental aspects. Our purpose is twofold; on one hand we
discuss some lesser known historical facts concerning the stimulated emission
of radiation as appeared in the works of Planck (1911) and Einstein (1916). On
the other hand, we present our recent results; the first of which is a new
phenomenological derivation of the entropy of a Planckian oscillator.
Concerning the probabilistic description, we will show how to build up a
correspondence between entropy and the fractal dimension of the relative
frequencies of the excitation of a Bohr atom in thermal equilibrium.

A szemináriumhoz a következő linken lehet csatlakozni:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ODFlNDJmM2QtZTliNy00MDhmLTk0YTAtOGVhMjhlNzUzN2Rl%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22b207389a-c5cb-4cb0-a1ad-227b94e96448%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22a12feac4-37de-4e24-89e9-c7833f7e5a28%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d

A szeminárium angol nyelvű. Minden érdeklődőt szívesen fogadunk.

Horváth Vera

  • [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára, vera.horvath, 12/08/2020