fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kriváchy Tamás

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kriváchy Tamás

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kriváchy Tamás
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 06:26:02 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarKriváchy TamásUniversity of GenevaA neural network oracle for
quantum nonlocality problems in networksTuesday, 22 September 2020, 10:00,
video conference, https://letsmeet.wigner.hu/szeminariumCharacterizing
quantum nonlocality in networks is a challenging, but important problem.
Using quantum sources one can achieve distributions which are unattainable
classically. A key point in investigations is to decide whether an observed
probability distribution can be reproduced using only classical resources.
This causal inference task is challenging even for simple networks, both
analytically and using standard numerical techniques. We propose to use
neural networks as numerical tools to overcome these challenges, by learning
the classical strategies required to reproduce a distribution. As such, a
neural network acts as an oracle for an observed behavior, demonstrating that
it is classical if it can be learned. We apply our method to several examples
in the triangle configuration. After demonstrating that the method is
consistent with previously known results, we give solid evidence that a
quantum distribution recently proposed by Gisin is indeed nonlocal as
conjectured. Finally we examine the genuinely nonlocal distribution recently
presented by Renou et al., and, guided by the findings of the neural network,
conjecture nonlocality in a new range of parameters in these distributions.
The method allows us to get an estimate on the noise robustness of all
examined distributions.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is
welcome to attend.Róbert Juhászsem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Kriváchy Tamás, Szeminárium koordinátor, 09/17/2020