fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Tóth-Katona Tibor

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Tóth-Katona Tibor

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Tóth-Katona Tibor
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 06:26:02 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarTóth-Katona TiborWigner RCP SZFIPhotoalignment at the nematic
liquid crystal – polymer interface: reorientation in 3D & the role of the
liquid crystalline molecular structureTuesday, 15 September 2020, 10:00,
video conference, https://letsmeet.wigner.hu/szeminariumThe proper alignment
of liquid crystals (LCs) is the key factor for the correct operation of all
LC-based devices. There are several methods to orient liquid crystals on the
bounding substrate; one of them is the use of polarized light (so called
photoalignment). We provide experimental evidence that photoalignment at the
nematic liquid crystal (NLC)-polymer interface cannot be simply considered as
a two-dimensional process [1]. Moreover, our experiments clearly indicate
that the photoaligning process does not depend on the individual properties
of the NLC material and those of the interfacing polymer exclusively. The
polymer and the NLC layer interact, i.e., the polymer-liquid crystal
interface should be regarded as a coupled system, where the two components
mutually influence each other. Due to these interactions, substantial
differences have been found in the photoalignment process when the molecular
structure of the NLC is systematically varied [2]. A phenomenological
explanation is given for the observed differences. Furthermore, we show that
the temperature induced anchoring transition also has to be taken into
account for the complete description of the photoalignment mechanism. [1] T.
Tóth-Katona and I. Jánossy, J. Mol. Liq. 285, 323 (2019).[2] A.K.R. Nassrah,
I. Jánossy, and T. Tóth-Katona, J. Mol. Liq. 312, 113309 (2020). &nbsp;Minden
érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to attend.Róbert
Juhászsem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Tóth-Katona Tibor, Szeminárium koordinátor, 09/10/2020