fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ICTF-JVC 2020 Budapest goes virtual

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ICTF-JVC 2020 Budapest goes virtual

  • From: Attila Csík <csik.attila AT atomki.hu>
  • To: "csik.attila AT atomki.mta.hu" <csik.attila AT atomki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ICTF-JVC 2020 Budapest goes virtual
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 18:53:30 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

The Organizing Committee of the upcoming ICTF-JVC 2020 (22-26 November 2020) conference had to make a difficult decision as the Hungarian Government closed the borders due to the current pandemic situation. For the first time in the history of the 18th International Conference on Thin Films and also the 18th Joint Vacuum Conference the meeting will be hold fully online.

We have prepared for a hybrid conference since the pandemic started, but now we have no other possibility than switch to a fully online event. Our aim is to provide a good platform to change new ideas, recent achievements and latest results in this scientific community.
This is also means that from now on only the online tickets are available. For those who already paid the registration fee we reimburse the difference without any additional cost - *to get reimbursed please contact us at ictf-jvc AT akcongress.com*. Another reason to participate at a completely online conference is that it comes at a significantly lower cost:

Regular ticket: 260 EUR
Young scientist ticket: 110 EUR

*The registration and payment deadline is uniformly 15 November 2020.*

We will use Whova, an online conference platform which has many handy tools to give you comfort while participating an online event. Please watch this video to learn more about Whova and how it is work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKTYK8ZS9g&ab_channel=Whova

*Don't forget that the abstract submission deadline is 15 October 2020!*

Soon we will give a detailed summary for the presenters about how to record the presentation. This summary will be sent by email and you can also find it on the website in a few days.
At ICTF-JVC 2020 you can meet virtually our sponsors and exhibitors, here is the list who confirmed their participation at the online event as well: Edwards, Solivac, JEOL, Hiden.

We hope to meet you virtually in November!
Kind Regards,
Organizing Committee

  • [Fizinfo] ICTF-JVC 2020 Budapest goes virtual, Attila Csík, 09/09/2020