fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, feb. 7., Asbóth János

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, feb. 7., Asbóth János

  • From: Janos Asboth <asboth.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, feb. 7., Asbóth János
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 15:21:52 +0100

Meghívó

BME Elméleti Fizika Szeminárium,

február 7. péntek 10h15,

1111 Budapest, Budafoki út 8., BME F III. magasföldszint 01.,
Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriumi szoba

Asbóth János (BME TTK Elm. Fiz. Tanszék és Wigner FK SZFI):

How Google achieved Quantum Supremacy with a 53-qubit chip

I will describe what Google's 2019 quantum supremacy experiment [1] was,
how their quantum computer works, and address some of the controversy
around the results. Caveat: I am in no way affiliated with Google.

Google's quantum computing group, headed by John Martinis at UCSB, built a
quantum computer that completed a computational task many orders of
magnitude faster (200 sec) than any conventional computer could (10000
years), and this advantage is scalable. Their quantum computer (codename:
Sycamore) has 53 qubits, consists of superconducting circuits built with
integrated-circuit technology. The task was sampling from a special,
practically uncomputable random sequence, corresponding to the output of a
noisy random quantum circuit. I will discuss in detail why this specific
task was chosen, what statistics tools were used to demonstrate supremacy.
I will also address some of the criticism about the experiment, coming from
IBM, Gil Kalai, and others.

[1]: Quantum Supremacy using a programmable superconducting processor,
Arute et al, Nature 574, 505 (2019)
.

Minden érdeklődőt szeretettel várunk.

Asbóth János
szemináriumi koordinátor

  • [Fizinfo] BME Elm. Fiz. Szeminárium, feb. 7., Asbóth János, Janos Asboth, 02/05/2020