fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: Varró Sándor (ELI-ALPS, Wigner FK)
Cím: Klein-Gordon radio and laser acceleration of particles (part 2)

Időpont: 2019. május 17. 9 óra
Helyszín: ELI-ALPS konferenciaterme (Szeged, Wolfgang Sandner utca 3.)

Absztrakt:
In the first part we have shown that the four potential of electromagnetic
fields in a plasma medium can be considered as a massive vector field, where
the mass is proportional with the plasma frequency. The plane waves of this
»Lánczos-Proca fields« have three orthogonal polarizatons, whose amplitudes
satisfy the Klein-Gordon equation. The expression „Klein-Gordon radio” in the
title of our talks has been borrowed from the paper by Crandall and Wheeler
[1], devoted to the study on a dynamical bound of photon mass. These authors
presented the peculiarities of wave propagation in free space, such as the
appearance of wake-fields and the special Doppler effect of radio signals from
a rapidly receding massy-photon transmitter. We have indicated that similar
phenomena are also relevant in the so-called laser wake-field accelerators and
in the generation of high harmonics (and attosecond pulses) in a plasma
environment. In this second part of the presentation, on the basis of recently
found new exact solutions of the relativistic wave equations of charged
particles [2], we also show that very high contrast density modulations are
generated, serving as »quantum bubbles« to accelerate electrons [3]. We also
consider exact analytic solutions of the relativistic equation of motion of a
point electron interacting with a high-intensity laser field in vacuum and in
a plasma medium [4], and compare the particle dynamics and the radiation
properties [5] in these two cases.