fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 26 Mar - Thiering Gergő
- From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
- To: Szeminárium <seminar AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 26 Mar - Thiering Gergő
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 06:26:02 +0100 (CET)
- Authentication-results: smtp0.kfki.hu (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) reason="pass (just generated, assumed good)" header.d=wigner.mta.hu
WIGNER SZFI Seminar
Electronic structure of group-IV – Vacancy colour centres in diamond
Wigner RCP SZFI
Tuesday, 26 March 2019 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference Room
Group-IV - vacancy colour centres in diamond are very promising realizations of quantum bits for quantum communication and sensor applications. We have recently performed a systematic study on the magnetooptical properties of such neutral  and negative  colour centres (Si-, Ge-, Sn- and Pb-vacancy colour centres in diamond) by means of density functional theory calculations within the Born-Oppenheimer approximation and beyond. We have found that in such colour centres, the electronic and vibronic degrees of freedom strongly interact. The negative colour centres are exemplary e⊗E type Jahn-Teller systems, where a degenerate electronic “e” level couples to a degenerate “E” vibration mode localized around the impurity atom. The neutral colour centres have optically excited states governed by a different Jahn-Teller effect, with two localized holes coupled to a vibration mode, which provides a physical explanation for the optically forbidden excited state of the Si-vacancy colour centre. Our theoretical models agree well with the experimentally observed optical signals of group IV - vacancy coulour centres including their spin-orbit fine structure.
 G. Thiering, A. Gali,. npj Computational Materials 5(1), 18 (2019)
 G. Thiering, A. Gali, Phys. Rev. X, 8, 021063 (2018)
Everyone is welcome to attend.
szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu
- [Fizinfo] WIGNER SZFI Seminar, 26 Mar - Thiering Gergő, Szeminárium koordinátor, 03/21/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.