fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szilárd Leó Kollokvium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szilárd Leó Kollokvium

  • From: DORA Balazs <dora AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szilárd Leó Kollokvium
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 09:58:52 +0200 (CEST)

MEGHÍVÓ

a Szilárd Leó Kollokvium előadására:

Simon Ferenc
(BME)

"Spintronics: a step closer to the "The Emperor's New Mind"

Spintronics arose as a fascinating new field with the promise to
overcome the limitations of conventional electronics. In the latter,
the electron charge carries the information, which is prone to
strong scattering and the information is thus volatile. In contrast,
spintronics relies on the coherent transport of the spin degree of
freedom, which is coupled to the environment much weaker. I outline
the most important challenges in the description of spin transport
phenomena in solids and also discuss our results during the past decade.

Helye: BME Fizikai Intézet, Fizika Tanszék
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, 2. emelet, 13-as terem

Ideje: 2018. október 30. (kedd), 14:30.
Kapunyitás 14.15-től.
Program: http://physics.bme.hu/kollokvium

Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!