fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: Prof. Dr. Joachim Heberle (Freie Universitat, Berlin)
Cím: The grateful infrared – novel IR techniques to probe the functional
changes of membrane proteins

Időpont: 2018. szeptember 4. 14:30
Helyszín: az ELI-ALPS konferenciaterme, Szeged, Budapesti út 5.

Az előadás rövid kivonata:
The catalytic activity of proteins is a function of structural changes. Very
often these are as minute as protonation changes, hydrogen bonding changes and
amino acid side chain reorientations. To resolve these, a methodology is
afforded that not only provides the molecular sensitivity but allows to trace
the sequence of these hierarchical reactions at the same time. I will showcase
results from time-resolved IR spectroscopy [1,2] which was applied to
channelrhodopsin [3]. Channelrhodopsin represents the first light-activated
ion channel to found the basis of the new and exciting field of optogenetics
[4]. I shall also provide an outlook towards novel experimental approaches
like THz pump / IR probe spectroscopy or near-field IR nanoscopy that are
currently developed in my lab [5]. We believe that some of these approaches
have the potential to provide new science.