fizinfo - [Fizinfo] postdoc position at BME

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] postdoc position at BME

  • From: Balazs Dora <dora AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] postdoc position at BME
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:07:39 +0100 (CET)

Dear colleagues,

we would appreciate if you could bring the following announcement
for a shared postdoctoral position in our groups to the attention
of interested candidates.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Balazs Dora, Gabor Takacs and Gergely Zarand

----

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in theoretical
condensed matter and quantum statistical physics to study quantum dynamics
(equilibrium or quenches) of low dimensional, strongly interacting systems, possibly flavored by topology.

The appointment will be initially for 2 years at the Department of
Theoretical Physics of the Budapest University of Technology and
Economics, with a starting date between March and August of 2017.

The postdoctoral researcher is supposed to collaborate with the groups
of Profs. Gergely Zarand, Gabor Takacs, and Balazs Dora
(see http://exotic.phy.bme.hu/ and http://sft.phy.bme.hu/), and possibly participate in an active collaboration with the group of Tomaz Prosen. We seek a theorist with an active interest and/or strong track record in
some of the following fields: physics of low dimensional materials,
strong correlations and magnetism, statistical physics far from equilibrium, topological insulators, or Matrix Product State methods.

Applications including a resume, CV and a statement of research
experience and interests should be sent to B. Dora at dora AT eik.bme.hu. Candidates should also arrange for two letters of recommendation to be sent to the same address. To receive full consideration, applications must be submitted until February 10.

  • [Fizinfo] postdoc position at BME, Balazs Dora, 01/24/2017